Marina brings to Azumo over 15 years of experience working as a project manager, product owner and scrum master. She has executed projects, delivered products and managed accounts across a wide variety of businesses and industries in her career. Marina has a strong background in the web application development life cycle with strong capabilities leveraging Agile methodologies and applying Lean Startup principles to building and managing solutions. She is keenly aware of managing and taking great care in considering the user experience as it relates to digital products and so has always been focused on achieving great user experience across different platforms and devices. Marina started her career as a front-end web developer and transitioned into project manager as her career progressed. At one point she started her own small consulting business focused on building web applications. "I enjoy wearing lots of hats that allow me to collaborate with different teams within a company. I have successfully recruited, built and managed several multidisciplinary teams from different cultures and countries. I love the thoughtful effort it takes to understand, merge and prioritize competing goals to deliver awesome service to the customer."
At Azumo, Marina has focused on leading special projects for the company. She has been instrumental in nurturing and maintaining new relationships at customers including Zynga, Assembled Brands (a Pritzker family company focused on retail and e-commerce company financings) and prospect clients such as Disney. Prior to joining Azumo, Marina spent several years working as a Scrum Master and team leader at Salesforce.com and one of its acquired subsidiaries (Mulesoft) along with a host of early stage venture back companies.
Prior to Azumo I was a Senior Product Owner at an emerging Silicon Valley start-up. My main responsibility was to deliver large projects from integration through implementation for new and current clients. I managed several concurrent projects, including complex cross functional efforts spanning many teams across the organization. I developed project schedules in collaboration with the project team, owning delivery through all phases of development. I collaborated with Product Management and Engineering to identify risk mitigation strategies, ensuring that risks to projects and timelines were communicated early and consistently. I conducted scrum ceremonies with project teams, including facilitating the daily scrum, backlog grooming, sprint planning and retrospectives. I held collaboration meetings with engineering and product management to define project scope. In these efforts, I worked across teams to develop and communicate strategy so that success and project goals were clearly defined. Throughout my work I labored to identify and implement process improvements across teams.
Served as a Program Manager for over four years where my duties covered the following:
- Collaborated with members of the Product Operations team as well as Product Managers, Engineering Leads and UX designers to plan new features and improvements on the product, as well as analyzing the product roadmap and assist on quarterly planning.
- Developed a structured, actionable project plan for major features, while fleshing out dependencies within other teams.
- Delivered against the plan in collaboration with teammates.
- Enforced best practices for Product Managers and Engineering Leads by reviewing Product Requirement Documents, engineering estimations, while also collaborating in backlog grooming and bug response.
- Tracked and analyzed project execution progress data.
- Supported Sprint delivery communication and monthly roadmap progress report.
- Managed the development process for one of the Engineering teams in Buenos Aires (8 members), where my main goal was to achieve successful delivery by ensuring commitments for the team can be completed.
- Worked closely with the Product Manager and lead UX designer in Mountain View to plan new features and improvements on the product, as well as analyzing the product roadmap and provide quarterly planning.
- Collaborated with the Tech Lead to create tasks and schedule sprints deliverables.
- Ensured quality by executing unit and integration testing.
- Tracked, measured and reported delivery metrics by Sprint, focused on driving continuous improvement and increasing performance based on the team's velocity.
- Planned cross-functional dependencies, anticipated problems, sought creative solutions and worked on risk management and mitigation.
- Acted as the owner of the Agile/Scrum process, by facilitating Daily Scrum, follow on action items, schedule Sprint Planning, Retrospective and Demos